We have the best team of teachers in New York City. 100% of our teachers are highly qualified and over 75% of our teachers utilize SMARTboard technology to deliver daily lessons.
- Our average class size is one of the lowest in New York City - 26 students per class.
- We have the first Parent Engagement Center within a NYC Public Middle School that focuses on making parents feel more welcomed, supported and respected.
- Boody offers a safe, nurturing environment for all its students. We have zero tolerance for any form of disrespect. The principal and administrators always have their doors open for students and parents.
- We have the number one instrumental and vocal music program across all NYC Public Middle Schools. Our instrumental group of students represents 40% of the Brooklyn Boro-Wide Orchestra.
- Our nationally recognized and award winning chess team is one of the best in the city.
- We have a great PTA that supports our school community on a daily basis.
- There are several public transportation options available which make IS 228 easily accessibly via the N and F trains as well as the B3 and B82 bus lines.
- 60% of our classrooms are air conditioned as well as the student cafeteria.
- We keep our "Eyes on Excellence" all day long every day.