posted Feb 6, 2013, 12:24 PM by Chris Peyser
updated Feb 6, 2013, 4:41 PM
Today’s Topics: Academic Online Resources & Strategies for Math, Social Studies & Science
4:00 pm - Introductions
4:10 pm - Review Common Core and how it relates to Content Areas
4:15 pm - Exploring websites/ Resources
- Remember - look at these resources through the lens of Common Core
- Does the Content being taught relate to the Common Core standards - check the CC website?
- How will my child gain a deeper understanding of the content area?
- How will my child be able to use these resources to think deeper about problem solving or supporting an argument or position?
- Does this resource offer an authentic experience with the information and the opportunity to apply that new knowledge in an interesting or deeper way?
- How can I challenge my child to use the knowledge he is gaining using this resource to explain, defend or support an idea or position?
5:55 pm - Workshop Survey, please go to http://bit.ly/tmiparentworkshop
6:00 pm - Closing and goodbye