Google Classroom is used as an educational tool and will be used strictly for educational purposes. Guidelines for using Google Classroom are as follows:
- Students must sign in, each day, Monday through Friday onto their grade level Google classroom fill out the attendance form to be marked present for the school day.
- They will then head to each classroom to check their assignments that are due for that day.
- To receive an engagement grade in a class you will need to submit your assignments for each class that are due that day.
- You must press “submit”/”turn in”/”mark as done” for each assignment after you complete it.
- Students will exhibit a positive attitude toward using technology that supports collaboration, learning, and productivity
- Do not post any inappropriate comments, links, or images
- Students will be required to use appropriate grammar instead of texting language.
- The site will be used to discuss school-related content only
- Be responsible for your own actions
- Say something meaningful to the topic and questions
- Show respect to others online
- Grading Policy- grades will be posted on pupil path
Remember: Everything you post in the google classroom is permanent, even if you delete it off the stream. All comments can be viewed by the Principal, Assistant Principals, Deans and Parents. Thank you.
How do I know I am connected with all my Google Classroom Classes?
- Mandated Classes
- **Grade Level Classroom-Attendance
- ELA (4 posts in a week)
- MATH (4 posts in a week)
- SCIENCE (4 posts in a week)
- SOCIAL STUDIES (4 posts a week)
- MINOR (1 post a week)
- PHYSICAL EDUCATION (1 post a week)
- MAGNET (4 post a week)
- Extra Classes
- GUIDANCE COUNSELOR/SOCIAL EMOTIONAL
- LUNCH GROUPS
How does my child's school wide attendance get taken?
How does a teacher take my child's attendance?
As a parent, can I be added to google classroom?
If you would like to be added to your a google classroom, you need to contact your child's teacher. You can find their email in the Faculty & Staff directory or have you child contact their teacher with your email address. You can then opt in to receive daily or weekly email reports on your students process. To see your child's actual google classroom, you will need to sign in with your child's username & password.
What is the grading policy?
We will have a uniform grading policy for all classes. Grades will be sill inputted on pupil path.
ENGAGEMENT: You submit all your work, your participation in google conversations, and you ask/answer questions.
ASSESSMENTS: All assessments.
Ex: Exit Tickets, Lesson Quizzes, Tests, etc.
ASSIGNMENTS: This is where your grades for all your assignments will go.
I do not see my students’ physical education class on their google classroom, what is the code?
Reach out to your child's physical education teacher and ask them to add your child.
They can contact our Academic Dean Ms. Karan at email@example.com.
Is there a specific schedule that my child should be following?
Here is a suggested schedule for students. Teachers are available from 8-2:20.
BREAKFAST/STRETCH & GET READY TO BEGIN TO WORK.
***Students should be logging into their grade level classrooms and filling out the attendance form to be marked present for school.
|9:00am-11:00am||COMPLETE CLASSWORK ON GOOGLE CLASSROOM|
|12:00pm-2:00pm||COMPLETE CLASSWORK ON GOOGLE CLASSROOM|
STUDENTS GET ACTIVE!
NEED IDEAS- GO TO YOUR PHYSICAL EDUCATION ON GOOGLE CLASSROOM CLASS
What if I don't have wifi?
What devices does Google Classroom work on?
To use Classroom on your Android device, download the Classroom app from Google Play. On your device, tap Google Play Store. Find and install the Google Classroom app.
To use Classroom on your iPhone or iPad, download the Classroom app from the App Store. On your device, tap App Store. Find and install the Google Classroom app.
The Classroom app for Chrome OS works like a bookmark to the web version of Classroom. You can download it from the Chrome Web Store.Starting in 2020, we won't provide support for Chrome Apps, according to the following schedule. These timelines are only for Chrome Apps, and don't impact Chrome Extensions.