Class of 2021
High School Application UPDATE
- The high school application for students entering high school in fall 2021 will open during the week of January 18, 2021.
- The deadline for families to submit their high school application is the week of February 22, 2021. Specialized High Schools:
- Registration for the Specialized High Schools Admissions Test (SHSAT) and LaGuardia High School auditions will open on December 21, 2020.
- The deadline for families to register for the SHSAT is January 15, 2021.
High School Guide:
The 2021 NYC High School Admissions Guide is now available online for families and school staff. The guide is posted as a PDF in English and the nine DOE languages. This guide is for families of students who will be participating in high school admissions during the 2020-2021 school year, and any school staff who are supporting those students and families.
This year's guidebook will have two admissions guidebooks in one.
- The NYC High School Admissions Guide (formerly called the NYC High School Directory)
- The Specialized High Schools Student Handbook
You can also pick up in the hallway of the main entrance at the school.
HIGH SCHOOL INFORMATION:
Video Resources explaining the :
High School Admissions Process:
High School Auditions:
If you haven't already, please begin to create your account on MySchools.nyc. Please email Ms. Alexa if you have not received your creation code. If you have questions about High Schools application you can email Ms Betty.
The High School Application opens during the week of January 18th. Please check if your address on your profile page is correct.
Cap& Gown, Yearbook Information
Every student needs to fill out this form so that we can order the correct cap and gown for you!
Dec 1-4th is Graduation picture days! Every student has their picture taken for the yearbook! Unfortunately, we cannot do class pictures this year. Pictures will be taken by appointments only! All social distancing precautions will be taken. Please use this link to make an appointment
To purchase graduation pictures please go to the link below and put in our ID code 228Grad21
If you already had your graduation pictures taken you can email Ms Beth at BRomano5@schools.nyc.gov to get a code to view your pictures online and order them.
Did you miss picture day?! We will have make up picture days (and retake) for our 8th graders! Jan 12th, 13th and 14th. Come to school between 8:30 & 2 so your picture can be in the yearbook! Put it in your calendar now!
As we prepare for the 2020-2021 school year we will be giving each student in grade 7 the opportunity to test for the Regents Class for September 2020. Students that meet the criteria for the regents classes will be taking two regents’ exams next year, Algebra 1 & Living Environment. One of the criteria is a math exam we have created. The math exam which will be given one on Thursday, June 18, was created with the pre-skills necessary for the Algebra I Regents Exam. We are asking that students don’t receive help on this exam. Regents classes are very rigorous and your child needs to be ready. There is no preparation needed for this exam. If students would like to practice they can continue to work on Imagine Math and practice the skills that have been set up for them.
Multiple criteria must be met for admission to the class.
- 2019 State Exam -- 3.0 or higher on the Math and ELA
- I-Ready End of Year Diagnostic Exam- on current grade level
- Imagine Learning Math Benchmark- on current grade level
- Pre-Regents Algebra I Exam – 80+
Your child must participate in the Math exam on June 18 to be considered for the Regents classes. If you do not wish to have your child participate in the exam, please fill out the form https://tinyurl.com/honorsoptout2020 and they will be exempt from the exam and exempt from going into an honors class for next school year. If your child participates currently in a Heritage Dual Language program, and don’t qualify for a regents class, they will be able to stay in the Dual Language class but their math class will be changed to an 8th Grade math class. If you have any questions regarding the Regents Class you can contact me via the Remind App, class code @dab2021 or via email at email@example.com.
Very truly yours,
Assistant Principal, Grade 7
- 1/12,1/13/,1/14 Graduation Picture Make Up Days 8:30-2pm at IS228
- 1/13 6pm HS Info Session
- 1/15 Registration deadline for SHSAT
- 1/18 HS Application Opens
Please continue to email me if you need access to a creation code, firstname.lastname@example.org