The NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) and the NYC Test + Trace Corps (T2) determined that two or more members of our school community have tested positive for COVID-19 within seven days of each other. As a result, the school building will close for an initial 24 hours to investigate the source(s) of transmission.
Below you will find information on next steps to protect the health of you, your child, and the school community. This guidance reflects the expertise of DOHMH, T2, and the New York City Department of Education (DOE).
What Happens Now?
- Effective 3/23/2021, the school building will close for an initial 24 hours. All students will transition to fully remote learning for this period. During this time, T2 and DOHMH will complete their investigation and the school will be cleaned and disinfected.
- All students and staff in the affected room(s) with the individual who tested positive are considered “close contacts” and have been notified of the need to quarantine for 10 days from their last contact with the person who tested positive. These students and staff will transition to fully remote teaching and learning for this period.
- Anyone with a positive COVID-19 test will not return to the building until they are no longer infectious.
- T2 and DOHMH will identify and notify any other close contacts in the building, who will also need to quarantine for 10 days.
- Based on the status of the investigation, I will communicate with you each night about the status of opening the next morning for everyone who is not a close contact.