information on any computer, phone, or tablet. The application is translated into nine languages other than
English. In the account, you can see a child’s:
• Assessments (Test Scores)
• Enrollment History
• Graduation Tracker
• Health Information (Fitnessgram)
• Individualized Education Program (IEP) Information
• Promotion Tracker
• Reading Level
• Student Documents (Report Card, Transcript, Summer School Letter)
How do I create an NYC Schools Account?
receive a temporary password, or you can use the Account Creation Code on the letter sent home with your
In Person or Online
1. Set up an appointment with your child’s school.
2. Provide a valid photo ID (for example, your passport, your driver’s license, IDNYC), your email address,
and your child’s 9-digit student ID number, which can be found on his or her report card. If via
teleconference, the school will verify the identity of the parent/guardian or eligible student by voice
3. When you create the account at your school or by teleconference, you’ll receive a receipt with your
temporary password printed on it either in-person or by email.
4. Go to https://mystudent.nyc/ and enter your email address and temporary password. You will be
asked to create a new password for your account, set up your security questions, and confirm your
You will need the Account Creation Code that was sent home with your child in a letter. You can also
request a letter from your child’s school. You will need this code and the child’s 9-digit student ID
number to create an NYC Schools Account or to add additional children to an existing account.
1. Visit https://mystudent.nyc/ and select the “Create account” link on the login page.
2. Enter your email address and create a new password.
3. Upon signing in for the first time, you will need to select and answer three security questions and
validate your email address.
4. Enter your child’s 9-digitstudent ID number. You can find your child’s ID number on their report
card. If you do not have your child’s ID number, contact your child’s school.
5. Enter the unique Account Creation Code.
Sharing Access to Your Child’s Information
You can invite other adults—like relatives or a tutor—to see information about your child in NYCSA. However,
as some of this information is kept private by schools, we ask you to consider carefully whom you will invite. You
control how much or how little information you want to share with them.
After signing in to your account, go to the Manage User Access page. Here you will see the adults you can share
your child’s information with. You will need to provide your child’s Student ID number to the person you want
to share the account with. Without that number, they will be unable to complete the account-joining process.
What Information Will I Have Access To?
Additional user. These roles determine how much of your child’s information they can see.
• As a Custodial user, you can see all information available in your child’s NYC Schools Account. Also, you
can invite other adults to view your child's information. In addition, custodial users can update their own
cell phone numbers in the application to be contacted directly about emergencies.
• As a Non-custodial user, you can see most information in your child’s NYC Schools Account. Noncustodial users can also update their cell phone numbers in the application in cases of emergencies.
• As an Additional user, you can see information the child’s custodial parent shares with you.
Where can I find help on NYC Schools Account?
You can also learn more by visiting the NYC Schools Account webpage at
I was invited to view a child’s information in NYC Schools Account. Now what?
parent must share with you. You will need both pieces of information in order to create an NYC Schools Account
or add the child to your existing NYC Schools Account.
The amount of information you see for the child depends upon the level of access the child’s custodial parent
has granted to you. For any questions about the content or your access to a child’s NYC Schools Account, we
encourage you to speak with the child’s custodial parent.
I used to have full access to the child’s information in NYC Schools Account, and now I see less information.
the child’s custodial parent
1. Click on Manage Account: Consent Forms
2. Click the COVID 19- Testing Consent Form
- Yes - The student will be able to return to the building for in-person
learning if they are a blended student2. No - The student will be switched to Remote Learning
Why do I create a MySchools Account
A video on how to Create a MySchools Account
Watch the Video:https://vimeo.com/488986238
To access your MySchools account and application you'll need both of the following:
- Your unique MySchools account creation code, included in your high school welcome letter; these letters were mailed to all current 5th grade public DOE and charter school families in mid-December
- Your student ID number (OSIS number).
How to access your account
What is operoo used for?
Operoo is an easy way for your I.S.228 to communicate with you.
- Electronic Blue Cards
- NYC Media Forms
- COVID Consent Forms
Why parents/guardians are on the Remind APP?
What is a parent/guardian google classroom summary?
As a guardian, you can get email summaries about your student’s activity in Classroom. Email summaries do not include grades. For grades, ask your student or contact the teacher.
In email summaries, you can review:
- Missing work—Work not turned in when the summary was sent.
- Upcoming work—Work that’s due today and tomorrow (for daily emails) or that’s due in the upcoming week (for weekly emails).
- Class activities—Announcements, assignments, and questions recently posted by teachers.
If there’s no activity to report or if a teacher turns off email notifications, you might not get an email summary.
How do I set up my parent/guardian google classroom summary?
You can get email summaries sent to any email address. However, to view or update email summary settings, you need a Google Account. With a Google Account, you can change the frequency of your emails, update your time zone, see the students connected to your account, and unsubscribe from email summaries. For details, go to Create a Google Account.
If you unsubscribe from email summaries, you’re still connected to a student as long as you have a Google Account. Otherwise, unsubscribing removes you as a guardian.
To start receiving a google classroom summary please email Ms. Krista firstname.lastname@example.org with your child's name and class and she will set you up.
Get email summaries
To get email summaries of your student’s work, you must accept an email invitation from a teacher or administrator. You have 120 days to accept an invitation before it expires. You can unsubscribe from summaries or remove yourself as a guardian at any time.
- Ms. Krista (email@example.com) emails you an invitation to join your student’s class.
- In your email program, open your email invitation.
- Click Accept.
If you’re not the guardian, click I’m Not The Guardian.
- Click Accept to confirm.
When you accept an invitation, you and your student get an email confirmation.
Guardian Summary FAQ's