As we are beginning to prepare for our 2021-2022 school year, we are preparing to give out devices for all students that have not received a device last year from our school building. Our school is a 1-1 school with devices.
- Every child will receive a laptop (if you have wifi at home) or I-Pad (no wifi at home) to bring back and forth to school. It is their main supply for the school year.
- Students MUST carry their laptop/I-Pads with their chargers with them everyday with a laptop cover.
- Please make sure that your child has charged their Laptop/I-Pad every night to be prepared for a full day of school learning the next school day.
- Under no circumstances can students bring their own personal devices from home to our school building, as we are not responsible if something happens to the device.
- If you already have a DOE device you do not need to come and get one.
- Please kindly make sure that you have a device for your child before the September 13 start date.
DEVICE PICK UP
Please choose a date and time that is convenient for you. Please only come at that time as we are strict with covid protocols. All people coming to pick up a device will need a mask to come into the building. Students will need an adult to sign out the device. We recommend that you bring a bag with you to carry the laptop/ipad home in. You will come through the main entrance for pick up.
- Students with wifi at home will be able to come and pick up their laptop for the school year.
- If you have a DOE IPAD & have wifi at home, you will then trade the IPAD in for a DOE Laptop.
- If you do not have wifi at home you will receive an IPAD.
Laptop/IPAD Pick Sign Up: https://calendly.com/cliberta/laptop-distribution-for-6th-grade-class-of-2024
The laptops are property of the NYC Department of Education and IS 228 David A. Boody Middle School. It is to be used for educational purposes only. You and your child are responsible for keeping the laptop in the same condition it was given to you. The laptop charger must returned upon graduation, or at separation from I.S. 228 for any reason. Please adhere to the following guidelines when caring for your laptop.
- Labels/stickers on the the laptop are NOT to be removed for damaged in any way. These include the serial number/ID and laptop number.
- There is to be no writing/drawling anywhere on the laptop with pencil, pen, marker or crayon.
- There are to be no stickers placed anywhere on the laptop, inside or outside.
- There is to be no food or liquid anywhere near the laptop. There should be no eating or drinking over the laptop while it is open.
- Do not pick or pull keys from the keyboard.
- Open the laptop and Click "Next" at the bottom right corner.
- On the next screen, enter your DOE username (you do not need to firstname.lastname@example.org) and your password.
- The chrome book will open automatically to TEACHUB and your child will proceed into the Apps needed for instruction including Google Classroom.
Tech Support for Families:
- Student Password Resets
- Laptop/IPad Exchanges
- Application Support
- Technology Help for Families
- Google Classroom Support
- IOs Education Parent Support
6th Grade: Ms. Joudeh email@example.com
7th Grade: Ms. Tweeddale firstname.lastname@example.org
8th Grade: Ms. Joudeh email@example.com
Assistant Principal of Technology: Ms.Liberta firstname.lastname@example.org