Whole Class Shut down:
- When a whole class gets shut down, all major subject teachers + the minor classes will meet on zoom. Zoom meeting ID and passcodes will be located on each google classroom. You will follow your schedule.
- Physical Education teachers will post an asynchronous assignment.
- Magnet teachers will not meet with students on quarantine. The period becomes an asynchronous period for students to complete virtual work.
- Attendance is taken on zoom and cameras must be on.
Partial Closure-Single Students on Quarantine/Magnet Classes shut down:
- Office Hours: Every teacher has one period per day set for Office hours. This period is set aside for teachers to support students on quarantine. Teachers have placed an announcement on each of their google classrooms on how and what time their office hours.
- All work is completed asynchronously and will receive support from their teachers using the Office Hours. Students must be actively asking for help.
- Students can also reach out to their teachers either on their google classrooms or email using the staff directory. https://www.is228.org/apps/staff/
- Attendance: Students on quarantine are expected to fill out the attendance form before 9AM: https://forms.gle/XTMQW2MnUHwjQJS36
If a child is vaccinated can they come to school?
- If a child is fully vaccinated (14 days after the 2nd shot) and they have uploaded the vaccine information they do not have to quarantine and will continue to come to school. DOE’s COVID-19 Vaccination Portal
- The administration will be screening them when they come in.
- These students will come to school. If their whole class is in quarantine they will participate virtually from the classroom.
Is there a test out of quarantine option for Unvaxxed Staff or Unvaxxed Students?
Students and staff in middle and high schools who are unvaccinated and considered close contacts may test out of quarantine to return to their classrooms after the seventh day. In order to do so, individuals should take a COVID-19 test on or after their fifth day of quarantine to re-enter class after the seventh day if they receive a negative test result. Students/Staff may re-enter school on the 8th day. All must submit proof of a negative test through the DOE’s COVID-19 Vaccination Portal.
If a child is having difficulty with zoom, who can they contact? What happens if a child’s device does not work?
If a child is having any technical difficulties, please contact
Ms. Joudeh -6th & 8th Grade Tech Support
Ms. Tweeddale- 7th Grade Tech Support
Mr. LaVeglia if a child’s device is not working.