What is the DREAM program?
DREAM is a Saturday and summer academic program that prepares eligible seventh-grade New York City public school students to take the Specialized High Schools Admissions Test (SHSAT) in the eighth grade.
How are students selected for DREAM?
Students that are selected for DREAM must meet specific criteria set by the DOE. We do not select students for this program. By this time, all selected students were provided an acceptance letter by the 7th Grade Assistant Principal, Mrs. Agostinacchio.
To be eligible for DREAM-SHSI students must meet all of the criteria below.
- Be a current NYC resident
- Be enrolled in the seventh grade in a DOE public or charter school
- Score a minimum of:
- 92 or above (or the equivalent) in both ELA and math from either grade 6 final grades OR from grade 7 marking period grades available by the opening of the DREAM application process.
Students must EITHER:
- Meet income requirements based on federal guidelines, as informed by the family income inquiry form(Open external link), regardless of district of residence.
- Live or attend school in NYC school districts: 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 16, 17, 18, 19, 23, or 32.
When will the Dream program operate?
July 11 - August 11, 2022
8:30 am - 1:30 pm
Fall program: Saturdays starting September until the administration of the SHSAT
How can I get more information?
Please visit: https://www.schools.nyc.gov/learning/programs/dream-program or email [email protected]