I hope you are having a wonderful summer break.
As we begin our preparations for the first day of school, I want to let you know that this year, our school will begin to use the new DOE-created Grades, Attendance, and Messaging applications.
These tools are designed to help you monitor your child’s progress, increase your ability to stay informed, and connect directly with our school’s teachers and administrators, while keeping your child’s personal information as safe as possible.
In the fall, all the information from these new applications will be available to families in the NYC Schools Account (NYCSA) Portal. Currently, you can see your child’s report cards, view attendance, update important contact information, and more in NYCSA. If you have not created a NYCSA account, please create one before school starts on September 8. If you need help creating a NYCSA account, please contact Ms. Alexa Calisto, [email protected].
Just below you’ll find a brief overview of the applications. Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions.
Grades, Attendance, and Messaging Family Guide
The DOE Grades application is an electronic gradebook for teachers.
- Teachers can create and grade assignments while maintaining all data fully secure and within the DOE.
- Teachers can import assignments from our school’s Learning Management System, [iLearn/Google Classroom], meaning that teachers will not have to do duplicate data entry.
- Students will be able to see assignments and assignment-level grades from the DOE Grades application in Teach Hub in the fall.
- Parents will be able to see assignments and assignment-level grades in the NYC Schools Account (NYCSA) Portal in the fall.
DOE Attendance is an electronic attendance tool.
- Families already have access to their child’s attendance in NYC Schools Account (NYCSA) Portal.
- Teachers and school administrators will be able to quickly and securely update student attendance throughout the day.
The new DOE Messaging application offers multiple methods for outreach to families, such as voice calls, emails, and SMS texts.
- Our school staff will be able to send families messages by course/class, by grade, or even to the entire school.
- Messages can be sent in English and the nine DOE languages