How to Update A Home Address with the DOE

To update your home address in the DOE Systems, two (2) of the documents below verifying proof of address are required:
  • Lease agreement, deed mortgage statement for the residence
  • A Residential Utility Bill (Gas or electric) in the resident's name issued by a utility company
  • A Bill for Cable television services provided to the residence with the name of the parent and the address
  • Documentation or letter on letterhead from a federal, state, or local government agency, including the IRS, the City Housing Authority, the federal Office of Refugee Resettlement, the Human Resources Administration, or the Administration for Children Services (ACS), or an ACS subcontractor, indicating the resident’s name and address
  • A current property tax bill for the residence
  • A water bill for the residence
  • Rent receipt which includes the address of residence 
  • State, city, or other government issued identification (including an IDNYC card), which has not expired and includes the address of residence
  • Income tax form for the last calendar year
  • Official NYS Driver’s License or learner’s permit, which has not expired
Please note:
  • A lease with included bills will require a Parent Affidavit of Residency signed and notarized 
  • All bills must be dated within the pas 60 days of receiving to change.  
Any bills can be can be brought directly to the Main Office Room 113 or by email to Ms. Alexa Calisto [email protected]