I am excited to share that our school will be using a ELA & Mathematics program called i-Ready.
ELA Diagnostic: Thursday September 29
Math Diagnostic: Friday, September 30
What is i-Ready?
i-Ready is an online program that will help us determine your child’s strengths and areas for growth, personalize their learning, and monitor their progress throughout the school year. i-Ready allows us to meet your child where they are and provides us with data to inform instruction.
The i-Ready Diagnostic is an adaptive assessment that adjusts its questions based on student responses. Each item a student receives is based on their answer to the previous question. For example, a series of correct answers will result in slightly harder questions, while a series of incorrect answers will yield slightly easier ones. The purpose of this is not to give your child a score or grade but to determine how to best support their learning.
What materials does your child need to be successful?
- Laptop charged
- Scrap paper
What can I do to help?
To help prepare your child for the i-Ready Diagnostic, encourage them to:
- Get a good night’s sleep and eat a full breakfast the day of the assessment.
- Try their best on each question and try not to rush.
- Try not to worry about questions they do not know. It is an adaptive exam and they are not expected to know all the answers.
- Be respectful of other students who take longer to finish.
To support your child’s learning , you can:
- Discuss your child’s progress on their i-Ready
- Celebrate your child’s learning and growth.
Thank you for your continued support and for being a partner in your child’s learning! I look forward to sharing i-Ready information with you throughout the year. If you have any questions about i-Ready, please do not hesitate to contact your child's ELA or Math Teacher. You can also learn more about i-Ready by visiting i-ReadyCentral.com/FamilyCenter.
I.S. 228 Administration