DAVID A. BOODY
INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL 228 FOR MAGNET STUDIES
228 AVENUE S, BROOKLYN, NEW YORK 11223
718-375-7635 FAX 718-376-1209
Dominick A. D’Angelo, Principal
Dear Families, September 3, 2021
On behalf of the administration and staff of IS 228, it gives me great pleasure to welcome you to the 2021-2022 school year. We are looking forward to the homecoming of all students to the building. Last year was challenging to say the least, but we were able to overcome the many obstacles and have become stronger because of it. We would not have been able to do it without the dedication of our teachers, staff, and families. So, I would like to thank you for your unwavering support and commitment to your child’s education.
As we set the tone for the upcoming school year, It is important to highlight the expectations that we have at IS 228. Some of the major expectations include the following:
· It is essential for your child to be in school on time each day.
· Your child will receive daily homework which should be completed each evening.
· Your child must come to school prepared with all the necessary supplies and materials. This includes the laptop/iPad they have been assigned. Your child’s device must be charged each night and ready for the next day.
· Appropriate attire is expected. Let’s be dressed for success.
· COVID protocols must be followed in order to keep all students and staff safe. All students must wear a face covering on school property regardless of vaccination status. https://www.schools.nyc.gov/docs/default-source/default-document-library/doe-homecoming-health-and-safety-guide
· Your child must show respect toward each adult in our school community. Your child will be respected.
In the newsletter, you will find important information regarding the upcoming school year. Including how to find your child’s class, student schedules, and COVID protocols. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the main office and we will be happy to assist you. We are looking forward to a powerful and productive school year!
Dominick D’Angelo, Principal